The W5YI team of VEs will be present to administer the Technician, General, and Extra Class exams. Exams begin at 9:00am Saturday, August 13, 2022.
The FCC requires all applicants for amateur radio licenses to obtain an FCC Registration Number(FRN) at least 2 days before showing up for their exam. An FRN will be required as part of the exam team submitting its paperwork to the W5YI VEC.
Here is an excerpt from the ARRL website on this subject: http://www.arrl.org/exam_sessions/search
You are REQUIRED to register in the FCC CORES system and receive a FCC Registration Number(FRN) before exam day. For FRN registration information, see item #4: Exam Session Requirements
Candidates can go directly to the FCC CORES User Account and Registration page here: https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do
Click here for FCC CORES Tutorial Videos.
On exam day bring the following items:
- A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport). If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must be presented:
- Non-photo ID/drivers’s license
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security card
- Utility bill or bank statement showing the person’s current address as it appears on Form 605.
- If applicable, bring a photocopy of your current official amateur radio license.
- A calculator (with memory erased and formulas cleared) is allowed.
- Pencils and scratch paper will be provided.
- Cell phones should be turned off.
- The current exam session fee is $14.00 cash or check.
- Testing begins at 9:00 AM.