The W5YI Volunteer Examiner testing team will be conducting Amateur radio license exams on the 3rd Saturday of each EVEN numbered month, beginning at 9:00am
IE: February, April, June, August, October, December
The testing location is the SARA Clubhouse on the grounds of the Greenwood Flea Market in Greenwood, LA.
The FCC requires all applicants for amateur radio licenses to obtain an FCC Registration Number(FRN) at least 2 days before showing up for their exam. An FRN is REQUIRED documentation as part of the exam team submitting its paperwork to the W5YI VEC.
Candidates can go directly to the FCC CORES User Account and Registration page here
Click here for FCC CORES Tutorial Videos.
On exam day bring the following items:
- A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport). If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must be presented:
- Non-photo ID/drivers’s license
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security card
- Utility bill or bank statement showing the person’s current address as it appears on Form 605.
- If applicable, bring a photocopy of your current official amateur radio license.
- A calculator (with memory erased and formulas cleared) is allowed.
- Pencils and scratch paper will be provided.
- Cell phones should be turned off.
- The current exam session fee is $14.00 cash or check.
- Testing begins at 9:00 AM.
For additional information contact:Robert Fincher (K5REF) email@example.com
Bob Davis (KB5RD) firstname.lastname@example.org