« All Events
FCC VE TESTING
February 19, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am CST $14
The FCC requires all applicants for amateur radio licenses to obtain an FCC Registration Number(FRN) at least 48 hours before showing up for their exam.
Be sure to bring a printed copy of your FRN (Official copy of your current license, if upgrading to General/Extra) with you to the testing session, as it must be mailed in with your application to the FCC.
On exam day bring the following items:
- A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport). If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must be presented:
- Non-photo ID/drivers’s license
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security card
- Utility bill or bank statement showing the person’s current address as it appears on Form 605.
- Bring a photocopy of your FRN or current official amateur radio license.
- A calculator (with memory erased and formulas cleared) is allowed.
- Pencils and scratch paper will be provided.
- Cell phones should be turned off.
- The current exam session fee is $14.00 cash or check.
- Testing begins at 9:00 AM.